I am Astrid Mocanu, a first-year doctoral student at the Institute for Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence and Technology, Sofia University from October 2023. I am supervised by Dr. Kristina Toutanova, Dr. Danda Pani Paudel, and Prof. Luc Van Gool.
My interests include Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, and the ways we can use Computer Vision to enhance NLP-based approaches.
- Al. I. Cuza University of Iași, Romania, October 2021 – July 2023
Research M.Sc. – Artificial Intelligence, NLP and Computer Vision
- Al. I. Cuza University of Iași, Romania, October 2018 – July 2021
B.Sc. in Computer Science
- International Ariel Mathematical Olympiad (Blitz and Championship) – Gold Medal, 2021, 2020
- International Open Mathematical Olympiad – Bronze Medal, 2021
- Catalyst CloudFlight Coding Contest – Artificial Intelligence (1st place WorldWide), 2022
- Winner – Amazon’s Learn&Earn Competition – Artificial Intelligence, 2021
- Winner – Amazon’s Learn&Earn Competition- Software Engineering, 2020
Mocanu Ada-Astrid, Iftene Adrian, 2021. How the Events in the Life of Painters Influence the Colors of their Paintings. International Symposium on Symbolic and Numeric Algorithms for Scientific Computing (SYNASC), 2021, Timisoara, Romania.
Mocanu Ada-Astrid, Iftene Adrian, 2023. PuzzleNN: A Neural Network for Image Segmentation based on Clustering. Submitted to 17th International Conference on INnovations in Intelligent SysTems and Applications (INISTA), September, 2023, Hammamet, Tunisia.
- Teaching Collaborator – Machine Learning, Numerical Calculus at “Al. I. Cuza” University, Faculty of Computer Science, Oct. 2021 – Jul. 2023
- Data Scientist Intern at Bitdefender on Biased News project, Jul. 2021 – Oct. 2021